Everyone loves bringing treasures from the beach home but most don't know what to do their finds. Beachstring loves creating beautiful accent pieces with shells - it's a wonderful way to bring a hint of the ocean into your home. Make your own beachstring wall art or wind chime with your favorite seashells you've been collecting from the Sea.
- driftwood & seashells
- natural twine
- electric drill
- small drill bits
- Lay out your materials onto your workspace and piece together how you would like to string your treasures.
- Cut 5 pieces of twine in different sizes (start with 30" - which will shrink once you start tying knots).
- Drill 1-2 holes in each seashell (2 holes for any vertical hanging shell). Be sure hole is large enough to string the twine through.
- Drill 5 holes into a long piece of driftwood - be sure hole is large enough to string your twine through.
- Pull twine through the holes in the driftwood and tie a knot at the top and bottom of each hole.
- String your shells onto the twine (different amount of shells on each string looks great!). Tie off with a knot.
- WALL ART: Drill a hole in the middle (or two at each end) of driftwood and then screw into your wall.
- WIND CHIME: Wrap twine (2 times) around each end of driftwood and tie a knot to hold it in place. Hang your new beach chime on your patio or in your yard!